Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

03 December 2009

I'm not really on holiday yet!

The roster has me with three days off before the three weeks of holiday actually start.

Before I turn off (difficult as that will be) for the holiday I have managed to land a spot at the V8 races in Sydney. With my luck I'll end up outside the track on the general ambulance but the whole event should be great as we do have tickets to attend the race for one of the other days I'll be able to do a reconnaissance first.

The last three shifts were nothing much in general except for this really good pedestrian v Car.
Nasty Tib/Fib fracture, humerus and shoulder fractures also.
Everything else checked Ok on site and again at hospital after a complete examination with only the initial injuries we detected.

Of course it's never nice when someone is injured but the job ran smooth and we were just outside the optimal twenty minutes scene time with primary survey, pain management and packaging.

I'm still a little timid to hit someone up with too much opiate analgesia and use the minimum repeat dose and that lead to a longer time to splint the leg.

It's an experience thing, true professional self evaluation and revision of each and every job will change that and considering that they gave more opiate in the Resus bay than I had in total for the job helps me develop my understanding.

I will be posting during the holidays just not operational stuff.

So if you don't drop by for three weeks, have a very merry Christmas and be safe out there!

Be careful out there and I'll see you at the Big One.

Taz

No comments: