Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

14 March 2011

Shift Swap.

I had the wedding of my ol' flatmate and friend Hayley in January and had to get some shift swaps so I could attend. One I was owed from like five years ago and I was getting some lame excuses and dodging from others and had to get a new one that I paid back this weekend.

89M - Nursing home ?? Pneumonia, hot, crackling chest at least he was still conscious and with it.

61F - Syncope, carrying that much weight around you'd expect the pump to have occasional trouble getting blood to the important parts.

65F - Fall, mechanical on a bad footpath.

50M - Test riding a motor cycle and stacked it. No injuries and he didn't like my suggestion, 'You broke it, You bought it!'

65M - Transfer from LMO to hospital for follow up on chest pain. The defib didn't have the chest leads so I lacked serial prints and only had the LMO's copy that really showed nothing. My gut said it was cardiac but not ischaemia and to disregard the ST elevation I could see in the three lead. Treatment en route didn't change. Five hours later we were back at this hospital, pericardial effusion. Go gut!

68F - Hosp - Hosp, for review of suitability for transplant.

37M - Back pain that now had a presentation of numbness of the thigh, he could still walk ok just numb. Why call and ambulance, because they're soft co@ks.

No meal breaks and half an hour O/t.

See you at the big One.

Taz

No comments: