Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

21 September 2012

Ride 4 Epilepsy

At the end of my 1st week of holidays I had three things to do.
Complete and submit two assignments to Uni and to ride with the wife in a 6hr charity event.

The venue was Calder Park Raceway with a combination of the disused AUSCAR (NASCAR) track and the classic race circuit to give a total lap of 4.21km (2.62m) for the Epilepsy Foundation of Victoria.
Why?
Because I don't know if I can!

Look at the banked track behind me (3hr in to the race)


So with 112 other competitors we set off at 0800hrs to complete as many laps as we could in 6 hours. There were also 100k, 40k and 20k rides to compete in and 153 riders did.
From the very serious adult rider to children, roadies to BMX and mums on their mountain bike to families with child seats on the back.

Ambowife flying down the start/finish straight.
Results
Me, 38th overall, 31st male, 6th in my age group with 108.34km
Ambowife, 51st, 11th female, 3rd in her age group with 95.84km

We finished and could still smile and walk.
If rostering allows I'll do it again next year and try to get other ambo's to come along and do something different, uncomfortable and community minded.
They'll be richer for the experience.

Be Excellent to Each Other and See You at the Big One!

 Taz

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Great work you 2!