Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

13 October 2018

Counting down till the knife!

Well 22nd of November it is then.

We will travel to Sydney (I'm not allowed to go by myself, hospital doesn't scare me,,,wonder why?) before then and he expects me to only be an inpatient for 4-5 day then discharged to home and rehab. There are perfectly adequate facilities and trained staff and both the hospital and private here and being back home is always a better setting to recover.

Initially just over seven weeks from operation to review and I would expect him to provide some estimate of return to work then.

So not as soon as I would have accepted, but as the Musical Director of the Temora Town Band there will be no extra pressure for tonights performance after the Warbirds Downunder airshow here in Temora and neither will there be for the celebration of Armistice Day on the 11th of November when the Temora Sub-Branch of the Return Services League together with the Temora Aviation Museum will be flying a Australian WWII Hudson bomber over our War Memorial at 11am and dropping just over 6,000 silk red poppies (1 for ever 10 Australians who perished during the conflict). My jobs as Parade Marshal and the Bandmaster will be my last until Australia Day on January 26th.


Be Excellent to Each Other and See You at the Big One!


 Taz

No comments: