Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

22 July 2008

Union Rally,

A really great turn-out for the rally with lots of support from the public.

While I am someone who likes my two ten hrs day shifts and the two fourteen hrs night shifts I can see that twelve hrs shifts are going to come one day, the 'F' word and even then there will still be staff who think that they don't have to prepare for their shifts to ensure they are in peak condition at work.

Who would work twelve hrs with only wenty minute breaks?

Fair Work and Fair Pay, and all that too!

The World Youth Day festivities may be over but the pilgrims still haunt the city. I was talking to one of the prettier brethren of the constabulary (Police) about had there been any targeting of the pilgrims by the seedy underbelly of the city and she tells me that the whole event had been reasonably incident free when the increase of potential victims is considered.

I guess it was because they moved around the city in 'God Gangs' ha. ha, ha!


Be careful out there and I'll see you at the Big One.

Taz

No comments: