Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

21 June 2011

A quiet night and I put my head down.

68M - Phlegm plug in throat.
77M - SOB, chronic CCF.
37M - Forehead lac from a knee.
57M - Confused and lost.
90F - Head lac post a bathroom floor.

I normally don't sleep at all on night shift. I have my reasons I think I'm better able to respond instantly to a job, response driving and my mood is better. As one of our inspectors said to me once, be really honest with yourself and tell me you don't give a silent curse about disturbed sleep when the phone rings or the pager goes off? I'm paid to respond to the public need, not sleep.

I had a busy Monday so I put my head down on a slow night, I think I even got an hours shut eye but that was it. It just didn't feel right.

Why was I busy?

I am attending the Australian Youth and Road Trauma Forum at the Sydney Olympic site for the three days as one of the Paramedic crews in the scenario and Monday was our rehearsal with the actors who are the victims and the Police Highway Officers, Rescue and Fire Officers.

Later that night we presented one of the Traffic Offender Intervention Program presentations in an inner west suburb for adults who have already run a foul of the law.

So my days off aren't dull.

See you at the big One.

Taz

No comments: