Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

26 October 2012

Not a good way to start the week.

I'm a MAMIL.

Middle
Aged
Man
In
Licra

I'm a cyclist, it's the first option I think of for transportation as well as for recreation.
I cycle to work on my nearly 10 year old Trek that has more than 10,000km travelled and this week there was this strange pulse when I was braking approaching the station at the begining of my rostered shifts and when I pulled up to open the door my rear wheel ruptured and burst.



 I don't abuse vehicles or equipment and treat them as my own so this must have just been wear and tear.

So do I repair/replace the wheel or do I consider buying a new bike?



Be Excellent to Each Other and See You at the Big One!

Taz

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm always one for keep and repair!

TAZ THE AMBO said...

But it's old,,,,,
(Foot stomp, whiney voice, hand ringing, attempted puppy dog eyes)