Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

28 November 2018

Day 7

Significant progress today, well I thought so.

Pain control was a problem from before dawn. Paracetamol at 0400 Endone later around 0600.
Breakfast done then a shower. Without assistance, standing, wash and condition the hair and shave with the ol' safety razor. Completed without having to pause or sit in the shower chair, altered stance to left leg and nearly successful at putting full weight on it and straighten it.

Went for a stroll do the corridors and did the exercises before returning to my room and breifly waited for Tracy to arrive.

Mid-morning we strolled down to the visitors lounge and watched TV while sitting together on a couch.

Returned to the room for lunch and afterwards another hall walk with exercises. Mid-afternoon I left the ward for the main foyer and the cafe where Tracy and I enjoyed an Ice Coffee each before returning to the room and dinner.

After dinner we did the hall walk again and the exercises which sometimes are  easier and others not. A conversation with this afternoons RN about my concerns with the inadequacies of dose and frequency saw her arrange for me to go onto Targin 10/5. We'll give that a try and I'm giving the wound and knee a real workin' over with the ice bag.

Dr Boyle dropped by before Tracy left so I gave him a show. He's happy.
   

Be Excellent to Each Other and See You at the Big One!

Taz

No comments: