Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

03 May 2010

Only Seven Jobs.

Evenly spaced over the whole night, a bit slow for a Saturday night.

44M - Chronic Alcoholic getting the unsuspecting general public to call an ambulance for him. 'I'm having seizures' to the hospital and straight to the waiting room, he can sometimes get a little aggressive if he has to wait too long for a coffee, sandwich and blanket.

22M - Recently diagnosed with ectopic ventricular beats, benign, but still of a concern to him. We did a 12 lead (unremarkable at that very moment) he also not surprisingly suffers with anxiety so after some reassurance he declined transport to hospital.

73F - Transfer from a small hospital to a big one for increasing episodes of abdo pain from a chronic condition.

22M - SHAKING! his friends told me they had been smoking pot!!!! I estimated after their story that he may have smoked one joint (mixed with plain tobacco). Look I used to be a herbologist but I was having difficulty keeping a straight face. What kind of Uni student are you if you can't handle the effects of a very small bit of Mary Jane. I carefully explained that these effects were generally harmless and would expect them to fully resolve in the next two hours even if he went home with his friends. He still went to hospital.

20F - Hysterical Intoxicated Female just look at the mess she made in the back

It leaked under the door seals


'I'm not drunk' she says!


And her friends are too weak to pay out on her about how she behaved and the mess she made of my ambulance.

24M - Stabbed, well in hindsight there was a wound to his pectoral region but it wasn't sucking, good sats, BP and symmetry of the chest must to do about nothing much.

35M - Hx of Pleural effusion recently that had been drained but the lungs were good and clear all the way down. I'm going more down the pleuritic infection

Be careful out there and I'll see you at the Big One.Taz

No comments: