Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

10 October 2011

I'm missing the Bathurst 1000.

The iconic Australian Motor Race. I'm not going to bore you with the detail but since I was able to sit on a lounge for a day I have watched it with my Father while I was still in Tasmania and even driven around it when I moved up here to the Nth Island.

27M - IP, not quite aware to make his own way home so needed a safe place to sober up from the 0.284 BAL he blew at hospital. He may have been related to a staff member whom I respect.
77M - Chest pain for the last 2 days.
32M - Arrives home pissed, has a vomit, passes out on the bed and moans a bit. Wife panics, we arrive, he become instantly more alert, amazing the effect our calm, confident, no bullshit and direct action will have on the intoxicated. I check him out more for her reassurance, discuss the unusual, bizarre and even common effects of alcohol on the body and behaviour allow them the option of management at home and depart.
72M - Angina after having to walk down stairs after a fire alarm went off in his motel. Pretty straight forward job, had grabbed all but the GTN on leaving and was quickly resolved with O2, GTN and rest. Interestingly for me he and the good wife are from Tassie and after the usual questions about address's and locations it took just three goes at 'Do you know?' before we had a connection and then the shared acquaintances grew. There are only 450,000 people in Tassie and I did have 40yrs to meet as many as I could.  
41M - Anxious, had a talk and he had the coping skills to handle himself but required tonight someone to verify them before he could action them. Left at home.
38M - Acute epigastric pain of an idiopathic nature.
??M - Assaulted, punched in the face, called off half way there for an closer car.

See you at the big One.

Taz

No comments: