Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

15 October 2011

What a diverse day!

First job,

Get coffee!

Having completed that and enjoying the company of the other two crews from station Control asks which of us will take the first job??? Well me of course!

60M - Fallen just over 2m or 6 foot from a ladder onto his hip. We find him prone on the floor with rain falling through the open skylight he was trying to close. There's deformity to the femur and maybe the pelvis so whilst he's stable and managing the pain in this position I'm going to leave him there after checking for other injuries. We needed backup from one of the other crews for this insanely steep and narrow staircase. 20ml of morph and we're at hospital.
?35M - On a building site and walked under an unsecured partially demolished masonry wall that at that very instant collapsed. Instantaneous dead with injuries incompatible with life. Not pretty.
36M - I observed him across the road from where we were parked a little while later trying to get the door open on a car before leaning on the side of the car and resting his head on the roof and falling asleep. He looked drug fuc*ed, we spun around and parked behind him and it took three attempts to wake him which I only tried after I had secured the car keys in my pocket. We talked I told him of my concerns that he might drive, he admitted to liquid E (GHB) and promised that he wouldn't!
I suggested that I drop the keys off at the local Cop Shop and he could collect them several hours later, he suggested that I drop then of at the local Hungry Jack's?? I won and drove around to the station where the duty crew on the counter couldn't believe what I had done and thanked us for saving all of us some work.
80M - Drowsy, from a Rehab hospital where he had been give sedatives to assist with sleeping as he hadn't for the last three nights. I did the maths and came up with 2 but the on duty Dr couldn't see the cumulative effects of the sedation is most probably to blame.
60M - Sciatic pain.
65F - Epigastric pain that I thought I was persuading her to see her LMO about but she wanted to see a Dr now and was totally pain free. 

See you at the big One.

Taz

No comments: