Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

09 July 2010

An extra crew on station, someone's going away!

And I answered the phone.

Chivalry and courtesy dictate that I therefore go, nobility is a lofty burden.
Anyway I'm working with one of our 'reduced hours' employee's today and we drive down to the 'Bra' (local surfing beach) for the day.

Assist load and transport for another crew.

53F - Anxiety to the point of syncope.

79F - At the hairdressers, syncope and chest pain.

80Fell this morning and the swelling of the elbow made me fearful of the very likelihood of Compartment Syndrome. X-rays confirmed a fracture .

33M - thought he had food poisoning, and we were all out of our TTFU injections or suppositories (Toughen the Fu*k Up). The only saving grace for him was that he wasn't a sook like 'man cold' suffers but just ignorant of the processes of eating something that disagreed with you. He was totally asymptomatic.

70M - Looked like it was just a public assistance call to help off the floor but as soon as he was up there was no way I was leaving him home, acopic, ataxic. The aged care team had knocked off when we arrived but I have done my time, paid my dues and the nurses at that hospital accept when I say this one does need real help with social issue jobs like this.

628 jobs/85 days = 7.39 average.

See you at the Big One and you be careful out there.

Taz

No comments: