Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

04 June 2009

Well I haven't had anything to post about really!

That's to say that there was no job that I felt I wanted to come straight home and tell you about.

The days held only one point of interest, the Padawan and I got to visit the assault victim I posted about two weeks ago who has had a truly remarkable recovery from the injuries she sustained and is now at home with her family.

That is to say although she still has a long recovery for the actual wounds there has been no brain injury and only a lingering psychological scar that as we know only time can heal.

Padawan was off on family and carer leave for the nights so I had a station peer come in on o/t the first night and while not busy three jobs were interesting to us..

1. Elderly male fell in bathroom against towel rail, moderate to severe back pain and now lying on the lounge floor. Our first analgesia didn't touch it and our assist load crew got called off and then we both thought about the Morphine we have now been authorised to use. It's still a new drug for us to carry and while we have administered lots in our careers it's always under ICP direction.
Anyway it worked a treat and he was even able to walk out.

2. Twenty something male still fitting on the street in the red light district near the Coke sign in Sydney. My partner had not yet given Midazolam so we walked through that and ticked it off their list of thing they hadn't yet given (more of a mental/confidence list really).

3. And a mild Pulmonary Oedema that we managed without assistance.

Last night I was forgotten about and therefore partner less for an hour or two before the powers decided that I could go third up on one of our cars. We swapped duties around had some laughs but it was a boring night.

I'm Batching again. Tracy has gone to Queensland to see her mother so the little dog and I are all alone (means I get all the bed to myself!).

I'm available for o/t on the weekend and am attending a Paediatric Trauma Seminar at Sydney Children's Hospital tomorrow, should be cool, we don't treat may kids so some extra knowledge is good.



Be careful out there and I'll see you at the Big One.

Taz

No comments: