Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

26 November 2008

Trainee Question Books.

The sale of my book was not really going well.

With fifty or so new trainee officers going through the Ambulance Education Centre every course I had expected there to be a regular sales pattern.

Just to retell the history of the book, my original mentor (training officer) prepared the first one for all the trainee officers on that station. I thought it was a bloody good idea, re-gigged the format and content, added a few things and made a better one for myself.

Other officers saw it and started to buy them off me either for themselves or their own trainee's. I thought it still a bloody good idea so I approached the Australian College of Ambulance Professionals in my state, they have an education bookshop at our school and were happy to stock it.

It's not an entrepreneurial undertaking for me.

I tried to give it to education but nobody wanted it so to get it out there I had to publish, assemble and promote it.

Well, it seems that a local Uni that has a Paramedic Course (that I didn't do well in, cause I'm a good ambo but a poor academic, and I know which one I want working on me in an emergency, Doctors and Nurses can be academicly smart{grads that get the on-road experience then make good ambos}) may be interested in my little book.

Looks like I'm going to re-visit publishers to investigate mass production (well more than the 100 I make on the coffee table), if any reader has contact in the publishing game feel free to drop me a line on the email.
It's a pocket sized book 11cm x9cm, with 22 pages printed on both sides, laminated and bound.

Be careful out there and I'll see you at the Big One.

Taz

No comments: