Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

06 February 2009

Bloody Computer.

The graphics card or driver or something has decided to play up so after attempting to correct the fault myself with the directions on the DELL site and it not getting fixed I gave them a ring.

Four and a half hours combined telephone time (on their toll-free number).
Four different people with accents trying to be Aussie.
I have wiped the system clean, saved as much as I could but lost all my phone contacts and calender from Outlook.

It's still Fu&^%d.

So a real tech is coming over to home Monday or Tuesday.

The problem, it won't play DVD's

Now on the lucky side, I still have the old laptop and although I dumped a lot of the programs outlook is still running all be it with no new contacts since Aug 07.

I'm waiting on a reply to an email to the phone support dudes to see if the phone might have something like a rollback function to retrieve the newer contacts???
With my luck these days off, not a chance.

I worked last night and although the work was poor and I did nap for an hour or so I have been up and either on the phone or trying to fix this shit of a thing since I got home so I'm either going to crash big time later or work through the night heading for forty eight hours!!!!!!!!

That would be impressive for and Ol' Fart like me.


Be careful out there and I'll see you at the Big One.

Taz

1 comment:

Dragonfly said...

Solution....get a Mac.