Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

05 February 2009

Lucked out on the work on night shift.

The most interesting case for the two nights was one I didn't treat.
A Mental Health Patient.

We were hearing about stigmata, religious delusions, political conspiracy, time travel and many other disturbing things.

Straight to the rubber room with a schedule from me just in case the medico's missed the juicy stuff.

And that was it.

Had a sleep during the day and then did a presentation at a PCYC for the Traffic Offenders Intervention Program. I had five or six of the attendees come up and talk to me about their experiences and what they had gotten from my presentation, really good for the soul.

So what's coming up?
My Mum arrives in two days for the Dragon Boat Racing on Darling Harbour as part of the Chinese New Year festivities.
Mum paddles with a Dragons Abreast team from Tassie. She's a breast cancer survivor.

The racing is on Sunday, my first day shift so I hope to be able to ask comms if I can hangout around there, work allowing.

It's reportedly going to be a stinker of a day with high 30's so an Ambulance down there might prove to be a good thing?????



Be careful out there and I'll see you at the Big One.

Taz

1 comment:

Dragonfly said...

Dragons Abreast are awesome. My Mum lives in another state where they are, probably they are everywhere. Hope the race goes well. You could always hand out frozen bottles of water and orange slices as preventative medicine :-)