Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

17 January 2010

Days on weekends should be busy?

Mine don't seem to be!

Nice start easy trip with a pt for dialysis.

86F - Been waiting four days for a hospital bed in her smaller home town post cardiac bypass surgery. We get her to the airport, an emergency has popped up down south and they will fly there first so she will be on the plane for five hours!
They decide this is too long and tell us to take her back to the hospital!!!!
It's a bloody hospital not a Motel.
The hospital staff did us a big favour.

34M - Non compliant psych pt requesting medication.

90M - Unwell for three days, hasn't left his room at all today and now requesting an ambulance.
Good call, Forty beats per minute and by our defib monitor only every second one was effective!
Now I want backup.
Now I have something I can't fix with my drug range and need a higher skill level. I know this because I am a competent Qualified Officer trained to more than basic life support.
(sorry localised rant)

50F - Non compliant with meds, psych pt.

77M - Nursing home staff said he had haematemesis ????



Be careful out there and I'll see you at the Big One.

Taz

No comments: