Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

04 August 2010

Things you can do before your first job.

Have a coffee and talk to other staff.
Tidy station.
Wash ambulance.
Have another coffee.

Then when the work comes,

95F - Came down as choking, she has a chest infection and should be seen by a Dr, the family decide that their LMO would be better than the A & E, who am I to argue.

77F - Leg pain,,,, she's walking on them,,, what can I do to help you today? 'Take me to the hospital'

Assist load/extrication. Two general duties crew, one intensive care paramedic crew, one general duties police crew and police rescue to get this guy out of his apartment. He was too long, too heavy and the halls were too narrow, an hour and a half we were there!

40M - Fitting. Midazolam and transport.

35M - Had some wisdom teeth out in the morning and was fainting in the afternoon. Everything checked out fine with me and I noted that the analgesia was Panadeine Forte, I suggested that as his wife was now home maybe he might reduce the dose to half, they thought it was a good idea. I myself can't take more than one tablet of those things.

4M - fell from the top of some play equipment, about three meters, C/o lower back pain and stomach pain. Full spinal precautions and transport.

70M - transfer from the Air Ambulance to a hospital for a procedure.

715 jobs/ 98 shifts = 7.30 average.


See you at the Big One and you be careful out there.

Taz

No comments: