Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

23 August 2011

Call for answers from the floor.

Yeah I said answers!

Check back to the posts on the 15th Aug re a 45M without major symptoms but coming up with STEMI criteria and then the next post where he was discharged 7hrs later.

Nausea, vomiting and EXTREME lethargy were his symptoms.
No pain, chest or otherwise, no drugs or alcohol.
PMHx septicaemia 2/52 ago from lymphoma?

Here are the sanitised (identification removed) 12 leads I captured.




I have forwarded a request to the Director of Medicine at the A&E as well as one of my educators but what do you reckon??


See you at the big One.

Taz

2 comments:

Lauren said...

High potassium? Can have EKG changes in V1-V3. Signs include nausea enough nausea can cause weakness. I googled it because i was curious. I guess troponins were not elevated if he was released so soon after. I didnt see any elevations in other leads and V2 & V3 arent contiguous. Pulmonary embolisms can show in v1-3 as well but he didnt have pain and surely he would have been admitted. Electrolyt imbalance??

Anonymous said...

LBBB or HyperKa.
I'm rubbish at reading them though :)