Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

01 December 2018

Day 9

Goodbye Sydney.

This morning when 0400 obs had a purpose (alarm clock) to get ready for my alleged 0530 collection nobody came!
Never mind as an active operational officer I self woke at 0405. Shower, shave (been practising so they went without a hitch) and by now a head has popped in and asked if I would like a couple pieces of toast.

0515 The crew turn up, Tayla and I didn't catch the other's name. They're from Ryde and I'm their last job for the shift. Apart from being from the station at which my friend and classmate is the Duty Operations Manager, Tayla is a UTAS graduate (I tutored for them, before her time.) she is also from Devonport, Tasmania.

A couple of familiar faces at Mascot asking the same thing, why am I here and why on a Stryker stretcher? Meet the other patient and her husband on my flight, they're returning to Young and after one delay of being bumped for an urgent retrieval we are ready to get going.


What was really a cocked up picture turns out to be a little arty!


Before the others get on and I can't take a photo. They could, but because I'm an employee it would be breaking confidentiality.


Now if I was clever I would add the soundtrack from The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Frank's last song, 'I'm Going Home'! but I'm not so I didn't.

Be Excellent to Each Other and See You at the Big One!

Taz

No comments: