Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

28 September 2008

It just continues!

I knocked back an overtime shift because it is too stressful to do two extra night shifts I feel, but I picked up a day shift today and the day was great.

Lovely warm day.

A good partner with whom I shared a common level of patient care.

No lunch break we worked solidly through the day as did just about every other crew and so we got some penalty rates to reward us for that extra work.

Some good work,

A post ictal pt for whom I was able to follow a new initiative that ASNSW are rolling out,
Clinical
Assessment
Referral

Or CARe, that if the patient falls into a preset list of criteria we can safely leave them at home if they so wish.

And I was required to use my new powers under the NSW Mental Health Act 2007 on a patient who was really one of the most disturbed people I have had to deal with while outwardly presenting as a very well educated, smartly presented person who looked very,,,,, normal.

Until you spoke to them, very controlled and clear speech but of a very delusional nature.
Very, very interesting.

Any who, dinners out and I'm back at work tomorrow. Found out that I will only have another three weeks of being single before I get teamed up with another single officer for the balance of the roster.

Wont that be nice.

Be careful out there and I'll see you at the Big One.

Taz

1 comment:

Dragonfly said...

Well encapsulated delusions can potter along for years, even decades, particularly when the person having them looks respectable. It can really take you aback sometimes...