Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

27 September 2008

Well I'm going to have to pull my head in now!

I've in fact had a great week with being single and all,

Some very sick patients and some very difficult extrication's, all the things that get the juices flowing when you have to really work.

We had to get Rescue in to get a possibly septic patient out from the second storey rear bedroom of one place. It looked easy enough from the convenient balcony that lead off from the french windows.

Until we were all out there with the patient strapped into the Stokes litter and the balcony shifted underneath us and we beat a haste retreat to think of another exit.

The patient was safely removed and transported but we were on scene for about an hour and a half.

Successfully talking a Methamphetamine patient down to calm to transport him.

Amputated finger from a very large, store safe door, the manager didn't take his hand away as he closed it and took off the first phalanges.

And I've just finished an overtime in the city that had plenty of good work as well.

So I now look forward to the coming week to see what else I can get work wise that will push the boundaries of my training and knowledge.

Yeah, I know, I'm a sick puppy for loving my job so much.
Tough!
I'm not going to change to suit someone else.

Off to bed now in case there is another call tonight to help out in the understaffed city.

Be careful out there and I'll see you at the Big One.

Taz

No comments: