Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

14 October 2008

Pulled a daytime overtime shift in the Burbs on the days off.

Nothing hard, nothing urgent, nothing interesting besides being called to a young women crying.
She had arrived home hours early and had no key to get in.
My partner and I could find no way in for her and she wouldn't stop crying long enough to give me her boyfriends number.
I pulled enough bits of paper out of her handbag to have a small phonebook and pieced together what his name was to give him a call, nice dude, we waited for him to arrive rather than leaving her alone.
Not a bad way to earn extra cash.


I'm going to be a shift short this week.
I am taking some Family carers leave on my first day because Tracy and I have another egg harvest with the IVF and as that involves her going under general anaesthesia I have to pick here up and care and observe for the day.

On our last Ultra Sound scan (that I didn't attend due to work) Tracy tells me that they stopped counting at the 15 or so they found easily so that is a really big number for us.

So what we would hope for is;-
Two embryo's with four or more cells for implant on Saturday,
A fist full of likewise fertilised eggs that we can save in the cryo bank for later if they were needed.

Now is that really too much to ask?

One thing this whole process has taught both of us,

You never know what might happen!

Be careful out there and I'll see you at the Big One.

Taz

No comments: