Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

22 January 2009

Well that feels better.

Hb of 144 and a BP taken before they stick a fricking great needle in your arm of 116/64 with a pulse of 60bpm.

Very good

So a bit over an hour later and a bag of plasma and a double lot of platelets. I'm a big supporter of blood and blood products donation and encourage everyone to consider becoming a donor if their not already.

I'm lucky to have only needed these products once,, well three times as a teenager I had my hips pinned and required three surgeries during a five month period.

I'm doubly lucky that I have a large amount of platelets that allow me to donate a double lot each time and that my blood group is O neg, I'm a universal donor, suitable for anyone.

In my job I see a lot of the red stuff lost on the road so what little I can do not only helps trauma victims but also burns patients, cancer patients and many others.

Think about it, for less than an hour of your time you too can help many people and you get a drink and feed afterwards.

The National Information Line for the Australian Red Cross is 13 14 95.

Be careful out there and I'll see you at the Big One.

Taz

No comments: