Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

27 January 2009

You've got to love a long weekend.

'I have a sore throat',
'It comes on as soon at the restaurant starts cooking',
Patient lives above a Thai Restaurant, it's environmental!!!
What do you want me to do about it at 2200hrs on a Sunday?
And I did not use the line 'If you don't like the smoke get away from the kitchen'

'I have a sore throat',
'I've had the sore throat for four months',
Patient has had a confirmed diagnosis of tonsillitis, there is no airway involvement.
'You will spend six hours in the waiting room!, are you ok with that?, alright lets go then!'

Several bashings, robbery seems to be the main aim but with failure there, just a thuggish bashing instead.

Two good head injuries, one stable and compliant and one a combative wrestle.

We had Blood,
We had Variation,
We had Regulars,
We had 'what the' moments,
We had a good Australia Day long weekend,
Thank you Sydney and all the tourists here to celebrate our special day with booze, sun and more booze.

Tracy and I have an egg retrieval tomorrow, all scans indicate that this will be the largest quantity ever.

Another blogger in the growing Australian Medical Blogger community has created a 'Blogroll' of known sites. It's not just doctor stuff, the emergency health services start with pre-hospital care by ambulance officers.

They have also called for nominations for the Australian Medical Blog Awards. these are the links, please read and act as you feel.
http://www.scalpelsedge.net/2008/10/the-australian-medical-blogroll/

http://applequack.com/2009/01/26/announcing-the-inaugural-australian-medical-blog-awards/

And a wonderful bit of news about my little question booklet for trainee officers, the Tasmanian Ambulance Service will soon have copies from the Australian College of Ambulance Professionals(ACAP) to issue to their trainee officers. I wonder if that will work in my favour for not having a degree when next I decide to apply to the Tasmanian Service.?

Be careful out there and I'll see you at the Big One.

Taz

No comments: