Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

13 April 2009

Tougher Alcohol Restrictions may be the Answer.

The work load on Ambulance and the Hospitals on Good Friday seems to clearly indicate this.
Now there are strong calls for the legal drinking age to be raised to Twenty One.

While we're at it lets just ban tobacco products too!

Saturday night showed that there were still plenty of people who had not gone away for the long weekend and the city was a-pumping.

My car had some trauma, heavily pissed and fell down many steps through safety glass with spinal precautions.
Poly pharmacy OD, paracetamol, codeine, anti depressants and alcohol. Not a good prognosis for this pt.
Drunks,
Social issues and welfare.
And some sick people.

The other cars at our station had similar work and simliar quantity so about Forty jobs for the night between the three crews.

I put myself up for any possible shift on my days off for Overtime.
This coming Friday will be my last shift as I start holidays on Saturday.
Plenty of sleep to recharge this aging body,
Trip home to Tassie to catch up with family and friends,
Bike rides with Tracy,


Be careful out there and I'll see you at the Big One.

Taz

No comments: