Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

19 October 2009

190 photos in 45 minutes!

That's how many Ambowife took with her new wizz bang camera when we visited the E.G. Waterhouse Camellia Garden at Caringbah.

On the way there I had got two calls about O/t first at Australia's best known beach which I accepted but then they changed it to my home station because they know me so well!

So with forty six kilometres or twenty nine miles already ridden we got home, I had some tea and then rode to work, didn't work with a Padawan but with a new level two and this is what we did;

79F - a below knee amputee (BKA) whom I have had the pleasure to meet several times. While she takes care of her normal daily need sometimes she slips off and requires some assistance.

The first time I attended she had been on the floor for many hours attempting to get up herself before ringing a friend who just rang us. She knows my name and we have a lovely chat while I complete the paperwork and she now is happy to try for five minutes herself and then to call us.

21/12M - Look I'm not a from birth father but I'd have to describe this a just a fussy baby syndrome. Mum alone with two under four kids. Young master woke up and cried for nearly two hours and she couldn't calm him down. Their staying in a hostel, no immediate support systems, come on mum lets go and try and get some help.

23M - Chest pain. Started left scapula, moved to central retro sternal,,, just left a bit, obs good, maybe a little clammy hard to tell it was a warm room at his work, during transport post O2, aspirin and half a GTN tab the pain radiated left neck and scapula?
Wasn't there a few hours later so guess it must have been non cardiac.

52M - IP, head lac, dressed and released.

52M - IP, very well known, last time called me some very nasty names but was in a bad way tonight with exposure, and withdrawal seizure activity.

25M - Injury to right zygoma, assault victim. During primary survey, after identifying myself as a Paramedic and him appearing to understand he grabbed both my arms and pushed me away with instructions to have sexual relations with myself.

Knowing this to be impossible I watched him melt back into the crowd and I returned to the vehicle and the paperwork. Guess who we saw up at the hospital three - four hours later.
A quick 'Hello so you did come to hospital' which he didn't understand and his G/f asked how we knew him and a quick description of our encounter that he didn't believe but the G/f did and we left him with her giving him a serve about being a rude prick to the Ambos.

38M - Had a few to drink but slipped on a very wet footpath and had a HUGH haematoma on the forehead. Lovely gent how accepted our advice to have it checked out.

20M - clipped by a taxi at low speed and c/o rib pain and SOB. On other injuries, some analgesia and O2 and transport for x-rays. Had a seizure in the Resus Bay after the x-ray?????? PMHx of struck to the head five years ago and has had episodes of severe headache since with increase of late???

19M - IP with minor head lac that needed a few stitches.

20M - Lip lac post assault. It didn't look much until you pulled it apart and saw it went through the whole lip, that'll need some stitches too.

54M - Hx of asthma but no real wheeze but respiratory distress. High as a kite and denying anything only other Hx Ventricular Septal Defect that was repaired four years ago but he described his current symptom like he was drowning. Was due to fly out today but I convinced him that 30,000 feet up was not the place for this to re-occur and he came quietly.

A busy night and one I got close to hitting the wall without any pre-sleep.
It was a very nice day to ride home but I really didn't notice just concentrated on getting home and arose from bed around 1930hrs that night.

Be careful out there and I'll see you at the Big One.

Taz

No comments: