Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

09 June 2010

Someone needs my Platelets.

I received a phone call at work last week from the Red Cross Blood Service asking if I could change my next donation appointment from yesterday to today.

Of course I could it's on my days off.

The girls inside were quizzical about my appearance as it wasn't on their paperwork.

I'm on a special donation for matched donors/patients.

There's some poor sick person out there waiting right now for my platelets.
It made the donation all that more fulfilling.

The is something altruistic about donating whole blood or plasma/platelets. I was determined to complete the double bag donation they needed so I was even more upset every time the alarm sounded for low pressure, my valves usually flutter during the draw process and sometimes enough to stop it.

There is always a huge demand for all of the products collected by the Red Cross.
Yes it's a needle, suck it up.
You can have a milkshake, tea, coffee and sandwiches, snack paks or a hot dog afterward.

So again, if you don't donate give it a go HERE

Remember, what I donated may save your life, would you do the same for me?

See you at the Big One and you be careful out there.

Taz

No comments: