Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

13 April 2011

I brought her to tears.

41F - Lower back pain, no trauma and she was in real pain. It's 3 in the afternoon and she hasn't been able to get off the bed since 7 this morning, not even to pee!!! I give her the talk, 'I'm going to put a little needle in your arm,,,,,,' we all have a similar speech before we cannulate. It's a nasty cube fossa but I don't miss, tape in the 20g while my partner draws up the opiate analgesia.
The pt hasn't been relaxed at any time since we arrived the pain is constant. Pain isn't allowed in my ambulance so I give 5mg straight up and you can see the pain drop and the pt is able to relax and she starts to cry with relief. She got 17.5mg all up which is nothing really. By my protocol I could have given her 45mg if there were no contraindications (LOC, hypotension, Resp rate,,)

76M - On the old rat bait Warfarin and has a nose bleed. We guessed 2-300 mls in the bathroom. It didn't stop for the two hours we were with him at the hospital either.

40M - getting on a train his leg slipped between the platform and the carriage. He got himself up and travelled another three stop before he got off to tell someone about it. Nil obvious injury, requesting a hospital, I asked triage later for a cement injection to help him toughen the f*%k up.

50F - Chronic alcoholic, the family rang but there's nothing we can do. An ED is not a the suitable place to sober up particularly as she's at home with family. She attends a detox center and has a councilor who is happy to see her tomorrow, why ring us. No transport.

77F - Chest pain.

54F - Developmentally delayed person who is known to every ambo. Lives in a group home and when one carer works she runs away.



See you at the big One.

Taz

No comments: