Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

07 April 2011

Scam Warning.

I got a telephone call today from a female with a strong accent from the sub-continent, my phone screen just said 'overseas.

There was a second or two pause after I answered and then it rang on her end.

After asking if I was Mr R*&^le she then proceeded to tell me about the faults and error reports that her company had been receiving from my computer.

I watch a lot of TV programs online and the player crashes every now and then but I am reasonably computer savvy and then I have Ambowife who is a bit of a whiz not to mention our son the IT help desk guy, so when she starts to rattle off system faults to quick for me to fully hear and then wants me to run a system command so that they may fix them I pull the pin.

It's a common enough scam to do with the event viewer and will allow them to access your computer remotely.

So beware the Indian voice who asks you to run the command eventvwr in the run box.

See you at the big One.

Taz

1 comment:

NPO said...

Scams and computer viruses phishing for personal information. Why can't these losers find real jobs? They must have some kind of skills to do this.