Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

09 April 2008

ACAP stuff

Has anyone else read the Operation Phoenix plan sent out with the last edition of Response?
I am very impressed with the structure of the recommendations contained in the document. I have most times in my past thought of myself as a 'Do'er' rather than a 'Thinker' but I do appreciate what appears to be a well thought out strategy.
This action does cut close to the bone with me, as many should know I have applied to the Tasmanian Ambulance Service, once as a probationer (made it to the interview stage and was not very impressed with the feedback after missing out then) and last year after qualifying with the ASNSW, that whole advertised intake was cancelled by TAS after I believe they could not get any level 5 applicants.
My P1 qualification is not recognised and I would still be required to undertake more Uni to simply obtain Ambulance Officer rating with them when I believe that I have more training and direction to act on my own as a P1 in NSW.

Sorry to sound like I'm sour graping, I don't think I am, I am just highlighting what I have found as the discrimination between Ambulance Services in Australia. This action proposed by ACAP and it's members will eventually lead to the end of this and allow movement between services and better serve the people of Australia.

Ok better get off my soapbox.

Night, Taz

No comments: