Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

15 April 2008

One week down, two to go!!!

That's the count on the holiday toll so far.
First Week, do nothing if possible, recharge the batteries, get sleep. Things I did do were;
1) Finish off the remaining TAO Question Books, of the original bulk print of 100 books I had assembled and sent to the ACAP Shop 35 copies, I had assembled and sold to on-road staff 7 direct so I still had 58 to assemble and get to the shop.
2) Go with Tracy to the fertility clinic for two blood tests and one ultra sound. I would normally do this anyway if I wasn't at work so it's no biggy.
3) Do the trek to Gunnedah and Party for Hayley







So now I'm into the second week of holidays. Foundations of Paramedical Science 4 (FPS202) with Charles Sturt University is my course this semester and my first written assignment is due on the 24th, 2500-3000 words on Acute Myocardial Infarction. Adjusting to the strict academic style of essay with whichever style of referencing they want is not something I have found easy, it was many decades ago that I was at school and my study skills were never properly developed then. I find myself frustrated by the fact that I already as a qualified officer do assess, diagnose and treat patients with this condition and I believe I do it well, yet I have to jump through the hoops of some school that sends me student ride-a-longs who often have little or poor understanding of the 80% of the real, everyday work of an ambulance service.

Ok, that's enough of that. I have two weeks to get the essay done and will be attempting to give it all my attention while also going through (with luck) the process of IVF egg retrieval and implantation with Tracy from this Friday.

Besafe out there and I'll see you at the big one!

Taz

No comments: