Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

03 September 2009

Day 2

78M - Lives alone, been increasingly unwell for two months, has seen LMO who wanted a chest xray done but ?? pt didn't want to know what he had wrong because it scared him. Decreased oral intake because nothing seemed to go down, rather pt described it as it felt it got blocked and then he would vomit. I think he has some possible tumor or such anyway transported for investigation.

Public assistance call to help a 47M back into his wheelchair.

63M - Dizzy, vague, big cardiac history, stents, AMI, saw a PHCR the next day for another crew transporting him for the same presentation???

2M - sundden onset of abdo pain. Panicking Mum, equally panicking Granma', he was picking up on it and getting upset, gave him a trauma teddy played some games and he was fine all the way to the kids hospital.

F - called for assistance with breathing difficulty after ? being hit in the head. Police were dispatched also and we found the pt very distressed not wanting to talk to us and then breaking down again. Put her in the back for privacy and the Padawan and even a female cop couldn't get her to open up so I had a try. Low submissive posture, deep penetrating blue eye contact, soft voice - her old man was hitting her, their not Anglo and have a strong dominate male supremacy culture and she had no family here in Australia.

It's not our primary role but I had to do something for her, a hospital was to public but the are a number of refuges around that deal with this so I convinced her to at least come with me to one and have a talk to the staff, I mean good as I was to get that much detail I'm still a male.

It made me ashamed to be a man again and angry also, to offset that I was proud that we had maybe started her on the correct path to help.

And to finish off the day a transfer of a pt with Gastro from an ED at a big hospital to and Isolation room at a small one.

Be careful out there and I'll see you at the Big One.

Taz

1 comment:

flobach said...

Hey Taz,
Well done on that tricky job. Good forethought about not taking her to a public hospital.
If I ever get called to a similar situation, I'll remember your actions.