Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

23 September 2009

What more overtime?

Well Ok.

At the station near where Jeff Fenech (boxer) grew up.

35F - Hx of seizures, ETOH abuse, found unresponsive outside a suburban home by the owner who called us. Post Ictal, transported.

20mthF - Woke up screaming, was fast asleep when we arrived, sounds like a nightmare. Examination found a normal temp, no medical Hx, woke slightly and smiled at me (not common with me and kids). First time mum declined offer of transport.

40M - Claimed kidney stones, was doing a very good show but something was not quite right and a Northern crew who just happened to be out of area and at the hospital we went to recognised him even though he denied it! I gave him analgesia just not Morphine.

74F - Discharge to hostel post treatment.

Four hours sleep then before cleaning out the car, signing over the drugs and going home.
I know that I don't normally sleep on night shifts but Tracy and I had gone and bought a new Front Loader washing machine and then had a 30k ride and I had not had any pre-sleep.

As it was they ran me for a shift the next night and that would have been three, one for each of my 2nd, 3rd & 4th days off and that would have been just silly.


Be careful out there and I'll see you at the Big One.

Taz

No comments: