Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

04 September 2009

Night 2

2M - cut to lip, called off as we pulled up outside.

3osomething M - victim of a carjacking, haven't done one of these before. No injuries but we had a good talk about Traumatic Events and the stress that can occur and how to deal with it.

2 X 20M&F - got a bad case of the head spins after smoking a Turkish pipe with ??? camel dung as tobacco. Patted them on the head said there, there and sent them on their way.

34F - allergy to sesame seed, no airway involvement but very distressing abdo pain, the girl I saw after analgesia looked nothing like the one I first saw.

41M - Opiate OD, two lots of Naloxone with poor effect so he got transported. The interesting thing was on arrival two members of the general public where attending him and I could tell as we walked up that they were not just firstaiders! One A&E Dr on the train with the pt, one from another hospitals A&E waiting on the platform. We worked as a great team and they appeared to be having fun in a very different environment.

51M - Blisters on feet and can't swallow???? Looks like we have a new time waster, even went so far as to tell my Padawan that he didn't need to take a BP as we were just there to drive him to hospital. Had arrived that day from Queensland to stay and I informed him in no unclear terms that Q.A.S. don't work that way and neither did ASNSW. Not doubt about the rules now, we got a complete set of obs before even turning a wheel.

90M - Chest pain, nothing hard about this.

And that was the last shift with my Padawan. Four days only off this time as the roster changes and I'm back a day early with another Padawan but first we celebrate Ambowife's Fortieth Birthday.

I love you my darling and hope you are pleased with the meagre gifts of worship I have for you.

Be careful out there and I'll see you at the Big One.

Taz

No comments: