Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

10 August 2008

Holidays.



Back in the other life - B.A. (Before Ambulance) I worked for the one company for twenty three and a half years. Eighteen months short of getting my twenty five year gold watch.

After two odd years they made me take my first ever employed/paid holidays.

I managed to find a completely legitimate reason to be at work no less than five minutes after opening time of my first day of holidays and did so to varying degrees for the next ten years.





A.A. (After Ambulance) for the benefit of those readers who aren't employed by ASNSW we don't get holidays until we have completed a full year. I believe that it is so we can complete our probation year without the distraction of holidaying.

When I first took holidays A.A. I managed to stay away for a full day before finding myself back at work to 'just pick something up'. My recollection of the incident was that I may have been chased out of the station by pitch fork and flaming brand wielding colleagues and told not to return until my three weeks were up,,, or something like that!




So the point of this post is what was my first day of holidays like?

My brain seems to have successfully sent messages to every muscle and nerve fibre in the body telling them that they are now on holiday and can ache and be uncoordinated as they wish.

I am filled with aches and pain, nothing to severe just annoying.

I did manage to laminate the dividers of my A5 C.A.R.E. folder as they were getting dog-eared as well as reading a few pages of the current RESPONSE magazine from ACAP that arrived the day before.


But I did switch my phone off.
And I switched it back on today, but only to see if there were any messages,,,,, about my birthday which is today!
I am now more than half way to Ninety years of age!
So I fully expect to feel even better tomorrow and steadily more so the days after that.
I have laid out my plans for the rest of the holiday time so it is a matter of getting as many done as I can before I go back to work!


Be careful out there and I'll see you at the Big One.

Taz

No comments: