Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

14 August 2008

I got a new phone.

The contract had run out on the old one and it had been dropped, kicked and generally abused as they do in our job so I visited the Telstra shop to find out what was now available.


As a communication devise I don't really use a shoe phone too much.

Text message to the wife when I'm about to leave work because she wont start cooking dinner until then.

The odd work text maybe and a phone call made once or twice a week.


What I do use my phone for is the PDA side.


MIMS - to identify any prescription drugs I don't know along with all their side effects and interactions, etc.

Medical dictionary - there is always a term you don't know.

A page of useful stuff, codes to staff toilets at hospitals I don't visit much, codes to staff tea rooms that kind of thing.


So they have changed quite a bit in two years. The brand I have if anything have bulked up their new ones and all of them were on a more expensive plan.


I, as the knowledgeable reader of the blog will know come from a retail background and I always prefer to got to the shop rather than online or over the phone because there is the personal touch and I'm keeping someone in a job.


I was very impressed with the sales man who served me. No push, just the info and in fact when I appeared to be struggling he just told me to take the brochures and go grab a coffee and read it for myself. Well done, that was just what I, as the customer needed.


Any how, now have this slim black looking thing that I'm learning to drive and have transferred over all the data from the old one except for the dictionary. That needed to be reloaded from the disk and do you think I can find the disk!


Does anyone out there know of some shareware or freeware that might help me with a dictionary???


I have the presentation of a ZOLL watch tomorrow to a patient that was successfully shocked during VT arrest, interestingly the CEO of the service will be in attendance, not usual but the patient rang him direct a month after the event and commended mine and my partners actions.


On the Home front we will have visitors from Saturday, Perky(Jo)

(That's her in the middle at our wedding)
and Brett from Hobart are stopping over for a few days on their way to warmer climates for their holidays.
So some activity for the next few days and then the Union and ACAP AGM for those local again.




Be careful out there and I'll see you at the Big One.

Taz

No comments: