Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

02 July 2009

And the next night shift was?

Lacking anything that could have been called an interesting job.

Six all told,
Walking pt to Air Ambulance to go home.
Alcoholic seen to be drinking Metho, so? A&E is not the place for them.
Mild Asthma, nothing like last nights, but she didn't have any puffers left so transport was required.
Called to a blocked supra pubic catheter that was ??? blocked, looked alright to us. I mean in my understanding if the yellow stuff can be seen going from the body to the bag it's not blocked.
The N/H staff wanted it checked so we had to transport and then returned the pt without unloading.

Midnight saw the introduction of our new protocols and we were able to assist someone to bed with less paperwork and to give someone else who was suffering a normal flu some panadol.

Jumped on my bike today, second day off and rode over to Divisional HQ to drop off my application for the higher duties job.

A difficult position to fill. There is no external applications to contend with as you have to be an operational officer already but their looking for management qualifications???
I'm a Paramedic, not a manager but that's their problem. It was good experience to write the application and if I get an interview well it's up to me to sell what I can do.


Be careful out there and I'll see you at the Big One.

Taz

No comments: