Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

12 July 2009

Super Star Trek.

Back when I was only just changed from a boy into a man I went to college (grade 11) and discovered my first computer game modelled after my favourite TV show.

It was played in DOS and if you were quick and managed to get the VDU (visual display unit) or the TV sized monitor that was a black screen with the green text and you printed it on a teleprinter to keep a record of each screen you could enjoy hours of fun.

I've rediscovered it and put it on my computer. Someone has also enjoyed it and was in the IT game and debugged it along with tidying up the code.

It's still in DOS and I have forgotten how to play but I look forward to the challenge.

Be careful out there and I'll see you at the Big One.

Taz

No comments: