Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

12 July 2009

Second night.

50 something F, complete disassociation of ankle and lower leg. Not compound but the skin was the only thing holding the foot on the leg.

45 abouts M, Had a non-qualified friend manipulate his back today and now is doing his best imitation of not being able to walk, this by the way has nothing to do with the way his words are slurrred, how dilated his pupils are or the odour on his breath. A useless transport because I watched him transfer to the hospital bed without remembering to be in pain or incapacitated.

While doing this last job the dispatcher was right on the ball and saw me at the end of the street in which he had a pt who reportedly had been fitting multiple times. As I didn't have a Padawan with me I could respond single so he dropped the job on me.

41F, Unmedicated epileptic, estimated fifth seizure in twenty minutes, oral airway no good - trismus, so a naso then, oxygen, midazolam IMI, I can here the ICP car who are primary response for this job getting closer, BP, BGL, Midaz must be working because the oral will go in now. Their here, handover, assist with extrication get a pat on the back for getting everything done (shucks that's how we do it in the CBD/City) and return to my boring job.

Unable to locate an unknown sex/age overdose who is calling from a room 38 in a motel maybe somewhere in Darlinghurst/Surry Hills. A mobile call so it could be tracked and the CLI owner information wasn't any help.

Flagged down by some EMOs (I think that's right - the effeminate, pouting young men) with an 18F ?OD, no she's just drunk.

Hospital to Hospital transfer of a suspected appendicitis.


Be careful out there and I'll see you at the Big One.

Taz

No comments: