Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

17 July 2009

Recert.

It went fine, just like it did back in January!

We've had some protocol changes so the best part was to sit around with peers and nut them out along with how they might/will alter our actions in the real world on the road.

Skill section was limited and I really only worked on getting better with the Lifepak Defib12 & 15 as these are what will be rolling out. It's really only adjusting to the buttons and going back to an auto prompt mode rather than the full manual with Zoll.


The mental health workshop on the third day was interesting to revisit.
They have more of an authoritative grip on the lesson plan than when I first did it as I was one of the first to complete the program.
While I don't believe it will change any of my on-road practice it will give me more ability to defend my my actions in placing a pt under a section 20 of the Act.

Christopher has arrived today, Tracy is happy. As all mums would understand.


Be careful out there and I'll see you at the Big One.

Taz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Taz, DO you happen to work near Bondi Beach? Coz' there was a paramedic on bondi rescue who introduced themselves as 'Taz'. Long Hair and a moustache??

flobach said...

Ooh, looks like you guys in NSW are getting some nice and shiny new equipment and protocols.
We might get there one day...as they say: WA - Wait Awhile