Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

02 May 2008

Hopes last resting place.


On the 23rd of last month I posted the sad news that my dog of 15 years Hope, had to be put down very quickly. I was very sad about this as I explained in the post I had only ever lived with my family for that length of time and Hope had been there for many of my life's little and large events. The staff at Struggletown Veterinary Clinic, were Hope has been seen in recent years for her medical emergencies, (Shona found and pulled out to a more open area the rat bait but it was Hope who ate it. That's my dog, always looking for extra food. There was the large haematomma that developed on her right ear that required surgical intervention) have once again proved to me their excellence in not only the care of our loved furry friends but also their emotional care of us the furless ones.
I got the call from them today that Hope had been cremated and her ashes were ready for collection. The call came while I was at the supermarket with Tracy immediately after two calls about overtime. I was loading dog food into the trolley and Tracy had just pointed out to me that we wouldn't need that much. As I finished putting some, most of it back they called! How spooky is that?

Well I have some O/t tomorrow down south and after I had dropped by work to pick up my kit tonight, I stopped in at the Struggletown Vets in Barker street Randwick to pick her up and found myself given this beautiful urn, I was deeply touched and grateful. I had expected just a plastic container. Thank you Struggletown, you may never read this but I believe the look on my face let you know how I felt.


Taz

No comments: