Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

03 June 2008

Blogging just helped me save money!

How good is that.

Ambowife (that's her digital scrapping name. http://tazmanianshe-devil.blogspot.com/) and I were having a very annoying problem with our broadband last month, there are references to it through the posts.

Well the phone bill has arrived and it has a rather large sum on the dial-up connection, I reset the old dial-up as an emergency internet connection thinking about if I worked at another station I could still access my internet without using the work system just using my laptop.

So we were using the dial-up when the broadband was down. Now I had posted when it was down as well as the day the technician arrived and replace their supplied modem that was the root of all the problems.

I had sent an inquiry off to the billing dept suggesting that it would be morally right if this charge was refunded over the weekend and got a reply last night telling me to ring up another section and discuss it with them.

So I called this morning after I arose from my slumber while the missus was away slaying more Numbers off the weight watchers scale dragon. Spoke to an ex nurse, we had a nice worky type talk, you know the stuff;

HER;- You must see some terrible things?
ME;- No not really.
HER;- I could never do your job.
ME;- I could never do yours, I only have a patient for a short time, not the whole shift.

And so on, and I was able to use the posts as a reference for her to look up and confirm my claim and thus refund the entire dial-up charge.

Pretty good?????

I know that the national carrier is a more expensive option for our telecommunications but I also enjoy the ability to ring a geek anytime I want too, demand service and refunds with a real person, after I have waded through the options that never really match what your calling about so you choose the least wrong one and hope for the best.

Well that should do for now. I have to get off to work and collect my bike. Jumped on to ride home after my last night and had a flat rear. Luckily one of the guys was going my direction and gave me a lift home.

It's due for a service so I'll nick it and the wife's over to Renegade Cycles this arvo. The cloud cover and rain mean we wont be going for a ride so that will be a good time to have them done.

Be careful out there and I'll see you at the Big One.

Taz

No comments: