Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

23 June 2008

Greetings Readers.

Wow, look at all the visits from the European countries.
I am pleased that you stopped by and hope that you found my blog entertaining.

The cold weather here has seemed to have a negative effect on the work load for ambulance with punters not going out in their usual numbers or maybe its just too cold to stay out late and have a mis-adventure????

As is the practise of our service, trainee officers in their second last week or so of training at the education centre have been appearing at various stations for their one week of day shift only ride-a-longs.

This is very useful to provide them with a brief window to view what the actual life of an on-road ambulance officer is like in case they are not sure if this has been the correct employment path for them.

As we in the job know, it is an unusual occupation with extreme stress levels and extreme outcomes and emotions and not all are suited to it. My own ride-a-long had not been with me for more than an hour and a half before she had to participate in her very first cardiac arrest.

It is a credit to the officer and the education unit that she was not embarrassed or a burden to the incident and provided fast and helpful assistance to all the qualified officers in attendance appropriate to her skill level, well done.

I wish all the other trainees out there during this period the best of luck and encourage them to glean as much from this exposure as possible.

Apart from that, Tracy is off up the coast tomorrow to visit a friend who has recently moved up there so I'll be roughing it between the night shifts, I'm sure I'll survive and Tracy knows I will also otherwise she wouldn't be going.

I notice that no-one has responded to the Blood Donation challenge yet so I'll have to keep offering my arm every four weeks to do my part and see if some of you can summon up the courage.

Be careful out there and I'll see you at the Big One.

Taz

No comments: