Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

15 June 2008

Funny kind of weather.

Some sun, a lot of rain and wind.

I've still been riding in but the return trip home tonight was a hurried event in between heavy showers. The work load for me has been light but that's not to say it's been boring.

Our job isn't all about lights and sirens jobs. They have a certain appeal but the plain sick person also helps develop your diagnostic technique along with investigative questions that should help you stop from becoming complacent with patients.

So these cold wet days produce quite a lot of these patients. There has also been a high percentage of skin tears that have required treatment.
Does anyone else attempt to get the skin back into place before it dries out to much?
One of my early training officers, also a nurse did and would get me to do likewise rather than just a moist dressing and my partner made comment that she had never seen anyone else do that???

On a personal note Tracy and I have decided to have another crack at the IVF so I might have some side effects from the hormones,, you never know.


Be careful out there and I'll see you at the Big One.

Taz

No comments: