Search the Australian National Library with Pandora

Oh, there you are!

21 May 2009

If you thought I made big bucks from my Question Book.

There are eleven A4 pages to each booklet.

There are two booklet pages per A4 sheet as shown here.



With the aid of a guillotine they are trimmed on the long side and off the bottom then across the middle to produce two pages that then need to be folded in half to have the print on both sides.

The current production run is for 100 copies.

This next photo shows the result of about six hours work by Tracy and myself to trim the 1100 A4 pages to get 2200 booklet pages. That's our dinner table that here doubles as a production platform.




They are then laminated, four booklet pages to an A4 laminate pouch creating 550 laminate pages.




Two laminated, only 98 to go!

These are in turn trimmed to final size, back to 2200 booklet pages.

Hole punched and bound.

It takes one hour to make four booklets I've worked out.

But every time someone says 'Your the guy who put that out', 'I found it so helpful' the bent back and cramps just disappear.

So I cover my cost basiclly when you add the hours and handling.

The finished item.


Be careful out there and I'll see you at the Big One.

Taz

No comments: